Currently Medical Marijuana is legal in the State of Maryland.
Patients seeking to obtain Medical Marijuana must first register with the State of Maryland.
Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) Web Site for regisitering: https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/general-information.aspx
Comar online for Medical Marijuana is 10:62:04
.02 Registration of Patients.
An individual seeking to become a qualifying patient shall register with the Commission by:
- Logging onto the Commission website;
- Providing name, address, date of birth, address; and
- Uploading an image of a government identification document to establish identity.
The prescribing Physician must also be “Certified Provider” and registered on the MMCC web site.
Caregivers- person dispensing/administering the medical marijuana must also be registered with the Commission.
.04 Registration of a Caregiver.
- A qualifying patient may designate an individual 21 years old or older to serve as a caregiver by logging onto
the Commission website.
- Upon being designated a caregiver by a qualifying patient, a caregiver shall register with the Commission by
logging onto the Commission website for caregiver registration and submitting:
(1) The name and other details of the qualifying patient for whom the caregiver is:
(a) Providing assistance; or
(b) A parent or legal guardian;
(2) Proof that the caregiver is authorized to act as a caregiver by the qualifying patient;
(3) Details to identify the caregiver;
(4) A current, clear photograph of the caregiver’s face taken within 6 months of application;
(5) An attestation that the caregiver is not the caregiver for more than five qualifying patients;
(6) A copy of the caregiver’s government identification card or other proof of identity;
(7) The required fee as specified in COMAR 10.62.35; and
(8) An attestation that the caregiver understands the restrictions on the use or redistribution of medical
cannabis set forth in COMAR 10.62.30.05.
- If designated to serve as a caregiver by another qualifying patient, a registered caregiver may update his or her
registration by logging onto the Commission website and submitting the name and other details of the
additional qualifying patient for whom the caregiver is providing assistance or for whom the caregiver is a
parent or legal guardian.
Only two caregivers are allowed to dispense Marijuana, and are registered with the commission. Cost for registering a caregiver is $50.00.
.05 Addition or Termination of a Caregiver.
- A qualifying patient may terminate a caregiver by logging onto the Commission website and making the change.
- Provided the qualifying patient does not have more than two caregivers, a qualifying patient may add a caregiver by logging onto the Commission website and making the change.
Maryland Medical Cannabis Law is available online Title 10. Subtitle 62 Some general information:
- Certifying Physician requirements:
- Good standing with the Maryland Medical Board of Physicians
- Registered and able to dispense State controlled substance/dangerous substances.
- Registered with the Medical Cannabis Commission to order Cannabis available to patients
- Written Certification- means
Ordering Physician has a bonafide relationship with the patient
The Physician includes a written statement indicating in their professional opinion after completing a complete assessment of the patients medical history and current medical condition that the patient has a condition that meets the inclusion criteria.
- Dispensary Agent- person whom administers the Cannabis.
- 21 y/o
- Registered with the commission
- Obtain a state and national Criminal History Check
- Obtains a registration card from the commission
- Only 2 caregivers can be registered, when a caregiver ceases administration for any reason the Commission must be notified and the card will be invalid.